Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rainy Season

Currently on Guam, it is rainy season. This means that it rains at least once each day. Although most of the showers last only a few minutes, we have had a lot of storms rolling through here for the past few weeks. Therefore, we haven't been doing many fun things outside of the house.

Micah's friends from his last command in Virginia moved in a few weeks ago and they live across the street from us! Their names are Mike and Ashley. We hang out with them the most since they are so close. Mostly, the boys play xbox while Ashley and I play on the computer. Sometimes they boys let us play with the xbox too.

We have had a few days with out rain. Last week while Micah was at work, my other friend (who's name is Ashlee too), took me on a drive around the southern end of the island. Her husband also works on the ship and they have been here for almost three years. Therefore, Ashlee knew where she was going and knew all of the best places to take pictures.

Buster went swimming for the first time the other day. Ashley (our neighbor) and I took Buster to a beach that was off base since the beaches on base are pet-free. I didn't get any pictures, but I did get a video of him swimming. I will put that video on Youtube and post the link later. Buster wasn't a huge fan of the water, but he did seem to enjoy burying his poop in the sand.

This morning, my other friend, Ashlee, called me and wanted to know if I wanted to go snorkeling. I had nothing planned for the day so I decided to go. We took frozen snap peas to the beach with us and when we threw them into the water, the fish swarmed around us. We went out to where the shelf drops off and we were able to see a lot of awesome fish. I even got to meet Nemo!

Since it's been raining so much lately, I've had a lot of time to apply for jobs and look into school. I haven't heard back from any of the places I applied at, but I am confident that I will hear something eventually. If not, there are always more opportunities out in town. I missed the registration date for the Spring semester so I will not be starting a full course load until the Summer or possibly even next Fall.

Micah graduated from his FIT class a few weeks ago and is now working in the NDT (non-destructive testing) lab on the ship. In addition to working in the shop every day, he has to stand watch once a week which means Buster and I get the house to ourselves!


Micah relaxing on the couch with Buster during his lunch break.

A hermit crab that I found at the beach.

Mike and Gangsta Busta!

Buster (on the arm of the couch) and Ashley.

San Louis Beach (on base)

Ipan Beach

I don't remember the name of this park, but it was along the side of the road and it was really pretty!


Coco's Island (resort)


My friend Ashlee getting closer to the clown fish.



I'm not sure what type of fish this is, but it looks like it would glow under a black light. They are everywhere on Guam!


Some of the fish that swarmed around us when we had the snap peas. Sorry it's so blurry.


NEMO!




2 comments:

  1. Hey guys - thanks for keeping us land lovers up to date on what you have been up to! Donna - those beaches look amazing. So are you guys starting a sea shell collection? Which beach is your favorite so far? Loved all the underwater pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favorite beach is Gab Gab Beach (it's on base too!) And yes, we are starting a shell collection.

    ReplyDelete