Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Buster's New Friend, Date Night, and Fish Frenzy

On Friday, our friend Angelina brought her dog over to play with buster. Her dog's name is Melvin and he is about twice as big as Buster. When they first met, the sniffed each other and began to wrestle. We went to the dog park down the road from our house and let the dogs run around. Then Angelina and Melvin came over and watched a movie. As if they didn't play enough at the dog park, Melvin and Buster wrestled more in our living room.

On Saturday night, we decided it was time for a date. We went into Tumon, the tourist area of the island, and went to T.G.I Friday's. It had been pouring rain all day and after we parked the car, it looked like a monsoon. It was very windy and the streets were flooding. We stood under an overhang near the parking garage until the rain slowed down enough to cross the street. We had a wonderful dinner and we were lucky that we didn't have to wait. Afterwords, we came home and watched a movie.

On Sunday, Micah and I went snorkeling at Gab Gab and we took frozen corn to feed the fish. It was a beautiful day and it was a perfect beach day. We had fun taking pictures underwater (thank you, Scott family!) and swimming out to the drop off. The drop off is about 50-60 ft from the shore and the coral shelf literally drops off.

Yesterday, I was cleaning the house and moved the couches so that I could sweep in the corner. I ended up dropping one of the couches on my foot. I went to the ER last night and got x-rays. As it turns out, I only chipped the bone and nothing is seriously broken. Now I have a hard-sole shoe that I have to wear whenever I walk. I have to wear it for the next 3-4 weeks. The doctor said that I don't have any restrictions as far as activity. However, I don't think I'll be snorkeling for at least a week.

Buster and Melvin.




The main road in Tumon was flooded, but that didn't seem to stop the cars.


Micah and I underwater.


Micah touching the bottom of the ocean.


I was on my way up for air after touching the bottom.





The fish came right up to us.


They like frozen veggies!


This is Haputo Road look out. We took this when we were on our way home from the beach. Haputo Road is the street that leads to our house. It's awesome that we are so close to such a view!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and the updates. Enjoy your time and no more moving couches, Donna! Love you - Mom S

    ReplyDelete