Thursday, July 8, 2010

13 Days!

Hello all! Welcome to the blog where I will be posting updates about our 3 year vacation to Guam. First of all, I'll explain why we're going to Guam. Micah received his orders in August of 2009. His orders said that he would be heading home to Chicago in January for his "C" school (where he would learn how to non-destructivly test welds). Then in July he would be transfered to the Naval Base in Guam. He asked me if I would go with him and after a few months of weighing out the pro's and con's of moving, I decided that I would join him. So anyway, that's how we got to where we are today. In 13 days (July 21st) we'll be on the road to St. Louis to drop off his car at the place that will ship it to Guam. Then we will be spending the night there and sometime on the 22nd we will be getting on a plane to go to Guam.

Time has gone by really fast. It's hard to believe that we leave in less than two weeks and yet we still have a TON of things to do! However, we're both taking a break tonight to watch a movie and hang out with my mom and Snickers. I'll try to update as often as possible once we reach Guam but until then, I can't promise that there will be anything exciting enough to post.

Ta-Ta for now!
-Donna

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! Glad that you started a blog! I'm your first "follower" :) Wishing you all the best on your new adventure! We love you! Keep us posted on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah and Donna - glad you have this all set up so I can follow the comings and goings of you both. Know that I love you both very much and am sad to see you go, but know that this is what needs to be done. Looking forward to reading about your adventures - mom "s"

    ReplyDelete